Naked Nails. Naked You || BEAUTY

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Photo from Tumblr
Hello!
I hope you are all well. I love a good manicure, I love painting my nails more than anything. It relaxes me and it is a good way to pamper yourself without spending loads of money in a spa. However, for the past two weeks, I decided to go polish free. That's right, naked nails! 
I felt that poor nails were crying for a break from nail polish. Since then, my nails have thanked me. I have been massaging my cuticles with oil every night, and until now, my nails haven't chipped even once. They look stronger and healthier than ever.

In the beginning of my experience, somehow, I felt naked and lazy. I also felt not presentable. I felt like if my nails weren't done, people would judge me. Like, "you have your makeup and hair done, your outfit is on point but you forgot to treat your nails?!" That kind of thoughts was on my mind for a while until I went on "I don't give a f*ck" mode. The imaginary pressure that I felt to be "done" from head to toe, simply disappeared. I think felt like that because I was always taught that girls should always look presentable no matter what. But you know what? No, you don't. No one has to look presentable 24/7. Everyone has the right to look the way they want. The same thing with hair, fashion and makeup. You do you and not according to society standards of "presentability".

Going polish free doesn't mean that you are lazy. In my opinion, it gives you a natural look and shows simplicity, in a good way. I will paint my nails eventually but I will do it when I want to. #GiveYourNailsSomeLove #BeYou 

I'm sorry about this post by the way. I know it is a bit weird, confusing and rant like. When I am angry about something, I cannot articulate well. hahaha. But I do hope you understood why I am so frustrated about this. 

Expect me soon, babes.
XOXO, IF
Follow me on Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr // Snapchat: irynafboomi

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great nails!

    xx
    Xin

    http://xincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I wish mine were as beautiful :(

      XOXO, IF

      Delete
  2. Those nails are cute. I am addicted to acrylic nails but I love adding colour to them, though this look is cute.
    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it as well, still simple but cute. I totally agree!

      XOXO, IF

      Delete
  3. I think letting your nails have a breather is great, not to mention good for them!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails are recovering and looking a lot more healthier. Definitely a dream come true. hahaha.

      XOXO, IF

      Delete

Subscribe